Austin Engineering Indonesia is a global engineering company with its core business in the mining and resources sector. The company has Australian manufacturing facilities in Brisbane, Perth, Mackay and Muswellbrook, overseas in the American state Wyoming through its subsidiary Western Technology Services (Westech) and Austin Ingenieros Chile Ltda located in the northern mining region of Antofagasta. In addition, joint-venture operations in the Middle East and South America also provide Austin Engineering with manufacturing facilities in Oman, Brazil and Batam Island, Indonesia.
We are currently re-enforcing our successful team and inviting highly motivated Indonesian Professionals to join our team:
HSE MANAGER (Batam Island – Indonesia)
Role and Duties:
- Responsible to ensure all Workshop & Office operations complies with HSE procedures
- Work together and manage all employees at the Workshop and ensure a high level of motivation, discipline and morale is maintained and that individual potential is encouraged and developed where possible and identify any training needs, both on the job and formal, depending on individual circumstances.
- To establish and maintain a strong and professional working relationship with all internal Managers
- Develop, maintain and review Safety, Health and Environmental programmed to ensure compliance with legislative and industry requirements.
- Aware of all Standard regulation to be followed and manage Safety implementation on Workshop to all personnel in its use
- Responsible to prepare and coordinate JSA (Job Safety Analyses) and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) at Workshop and Office area
- Participation in, and coordination of, HSE meetings on-workshop
- Provide advice and corrective action plans on Safety, Health and Environmental issues on Workshop
- Keep up to date with all changing factors within the external environment, i.e. new legislation, technologies on Workshop Project
- Implement continuous improvement in relation to Safety, Health and Environmental Issues
- Communicate with all employees on Safety, Health and Environmental matters and develop and foster an awareness of same
- Conduct regular audits and inspections and ensure corrective actions for all identified hazards are closed out.
- Participate in the development and implementation of hazard control programs and risk assessments
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are investigated with appropriate action plans in place.
- Input into the development of any Safety, Health or Environmental training programmers’ for employees.
- Oversee Facility & Maintenance matters and personnel
Education and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Health & Safety or equivalent from a reputable university, Male, Maximum 40 years old
- At least 6+ Years experience in a similar position or comparable operation dealing with employees at all levels and driving health & safety forward
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 or similar.
- Good knowledge of computer applications, communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Experience of preparing risk assessments and safe systems of work
- English fluency in verbal and writing is a mandatory
- Having strong understanding in a manufacturing environment
- Mature, highly analytical, good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills in a manufacturing or workshop environment and supervisor role
- Willing to travel & to be stationed in Batam
- Proficient with computer literacy, minimum MS Words, MS Excel and MS Power point, knowledge of maintenance and repair techniques.
- Has the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. You will be able to write routine reports and correspondence and able to speak effectively to Workshop crews
- A detail oriented person and highly organized, possess strong leadership and good communication skill
- Ability to fit in to an international dynamic and multi-cultural environment.
Compensation & Benefits: Good career prospect, attractive remuneration, good health insurance program and office environment will be offered to the right candidates.
Interested candidates, please send application & recent photograph by clicking “Quick Apply” or”Non-member Apply” below.Non Member can send the application via email by clicking “Non-member Apply”